Website Atikokan Family Health Team
The Atikokan Family Health Team (AFHT) is looking for a full-time permanent Nurse Practitioner. This is an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to provide comprehensive assessment and treatment planning for community patients in a team-based setting. The Atikokan Family Health Team offers a competitive salary ($118,755/year starting) and HOOP plan/Empire benefits package. New graduates are also eligible for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible to provide primary healthcare services to patients of all ages. These services include health assessments, immunizations, diagnosis, acute and ongoing care, treatment, chronic disease management and support, and follow-up along with other associated duties and functions. Presently during the COVID-19 Pandemic, duties also include COVID-19 screening calls, testing and follow-up as the AFHT is also the local COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
This position will report to the Executive Director and will work closely with other members of the healthcare team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary program in nursing and advanced nursing practice, Masters preferred
- Registered Nurse Extended Class (EC) with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Registration with Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario
- Proof / certificate of Liability Insurance
- Strong clinical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with electronic medical records systems an asset
All qualified applications should be sent to:
Atikokan Family Health Team
101 Zuke Road
Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Although all applications will be reviewed, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.