Mental Health Counselling@ Atikokan Family Health Team
The Atikokan Family Health Team’s Mental Health Program offers individual counselling sessions for people of all ages – no referral is required. Stress Management techniques based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness practices are offered, as well as a variety of other mental health related services including depression, anxiety, trauma, and grief services. Group sessions are also offered and cover a variety of mental health issues. Our Mental Health Worker, Alan is a Registered Social Worker who is is available to connect patients with other services and health care providers to enhance treatment. His services are also available during the evening clinic on Wednesdays from 5-8pm. Upon referral through a Physician or Nurse Practitioner, an Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) appointment can be booked to see a specialized Psychiatrist via teleconference. This OTN service is also available for patients under the age of 18. Please call 597-8781 for more information about any of our mental health programs.
Mental health services offered in our community
- Big White Wall -an online mental health and wellbeing service offering self-help programs, creative outlets and an anonymous peer support community (see poster below).
- BounceBack® – a free skill-building program designed to help youth and adults (15+) manage symptoms of mild to moderate depression or and anxiety.
- Atikokan Community Counselling
- Crisis Response Services – Kenora & Rainy Rivers District
- Child and Youth Mental Health services
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Government of Canada – Mental Health and Wellness Services
- The Ministry of Health and Long-term Care – Find Mental Health Support
Registered Social Worker